Contract Reopener Record Closed. What Happens Now?
President McNesby would like the membership to know that now that the conclusion of the reopener hearing has been reached and the record closed, the following will take place:
1. Once the transcripts of the two (2) days of hearings have been finished and distributed to the parties;
Update: the transcripts have been completed.
2. The parties, FOP and City will have 45 days to submit briefs stating their positions;
Update: the briefs were submitted on September 17, 2012
3. Once the briefs have been received the neutral arbitrator will write his award;
President McNesby and the membership of Lodge 5 are awaiting the award of the arbitrator in the matter of the Contract Re-opener, solely addressing the wages Lodge 5 members will receive from July 1, 2012 to June 30, 2014. As soon as this award is released to President McNesby it will be distributed to the membership.
4. President McNesby will insure that the award will immediately be distributed to the membership;
5. Both sides will have thirty (30) days to appeal.
6. The award will be retroactive to July 1, 2012.